THIS HAS BEEN SUPERCEDED BY THE 2023 exhaust here: https://www.bostig.com/2023-mitsubishi-catifold-adapter/
This is included in RG9 and later versions of the conversion.
NOTE: May be incompatible with existing AC line routing for those with AC already installed. May require different compressor block/line rerouting.
This kit includes the four point exhaust hanger kit as well. The exhaust catalytic converter/manifold is purchased off-the-shelf, see guide on purchase with this link. They cost $160-$330.
With RG9 came the introduction of the 3rd major revision to the SK-E/exhaust of the Bostig conversion.
The revision provides the following benefits:
- Significantly greater clearance to the decklid/lower decklid temps
- Allows use of a longer flex coupler to extend its life
- Allows purchase of catalytic converter off-the-shelf
- Places muffler further from AC compressor for those with AC
- Backward compatible with current muffler, but also allows for different mufflers by changing the downpipe alone.
- Allows full coverage heat shielding
- Easier O2 sensor access
The new exhaust is similar in idea to the core idea of the conversion itself: Design simple and rugged non-wearable custom parts to allow use of off-the-shelf complex wearable parts.
The new exhaust is the most technologically advanced design process workflow that has been achieved at Bostig to date. Advances in 3D scanning, 3D printing, and CAD made the design and execution possible. I wish I had access to these tools years ago!
ReviewsBillThis upgrade to my rg3 exhaust setup is brilliant. Bostig really outdid themselves on this one. I love the fact that the hot exhaust is boxed in. This really helps with engine bay heat. The new design keeps the exhaust much further away from my valve cover, too. I love the logo on the heat shield. Nice touch ;) Go for it !
Leave a Review